I started working online as a writer over three years ago. When I came into this industry, I didn’t have the first clue what I was doing. I’m not one of those people that does a lot of information gathering before I jump head long into trying things.
Believe me, I was in for a wild ride from the beginning, because of my lack of strategy and education. I put out writing gigs on a platform that has brought me an incredible number of clients over the years- 300+ to be exact.
I’ve had the incredible privilege of working alongside over 300 business owners that were in need of website, blog, and sales content. The majority of these people came into the industry and fizzled out within a few months. However, I have a few clients that have been doing this for years and years, and still going strong.
Not only have I worked for others over the years, I’ve managed my own blogs for close to three years. I’ve taken the blog from costing me money to making me money; which is more than I can say for many bloggers I know and have worked with.
What’s the difference between someone that is successful as a blogger and someone that isn’t? I’ve narrowed it down to 7 major things that you have to master in order have a successful blog.
1. Affiliate Programs
In order for you to earn money through your blog, you need something to sell. Of course, you don’t want to sell just anything. You want to sell things that will interest your readers. There is definitely an art to selling without being salesy.
One of the ways I’ve drastically increased my revenue this year has been through success with affiliate programs. It has required me to sign up for more programs and intentionally place more links in my articles.
2. Building Lists and Sending Email Newsletters
Oh the dreaded email newsletters! If you have been in this industry for any length of time, you’ll know that email newsletters are all the rage. Why? Because they freaking work, that’s why.
When you build a targeted list, invest in those subscribers by providing consistent content, you will increase your sales. Not all lists and newsletters are effective though. In order to see return on your time, you are going to have to be personal as well as strategic in link placements.
3. Social Media Strategies
Generally speaking, website traffic is down. People are staying on social media outlets more and more. This means that you have to up your social media game to reach them. If you are one of those bloggers that thinks you’ll pay the bills by simply putting a few ads on your page, you are sorely mistaken.
You have to be very purposeful in the things you are posting on your social media outlets. The unfortunate thing is that you can spend a lot of time doing social media and see no return for it. You have to strike the balance between engaging content and affiliate links, otherwise, you’ll turn people off.
4. Facebook and Instagram Ads
Facebook and Instagram Ads are becoming the bane of my existence. These jokers are not easy to figure out, but 100% essential to running an effective blog. Why is that? Because this is a place where you can develop a following, earn money, and build brand awareness.
Here’s the problem with ads- Facebook baits you into spending money that likely won’t bring you any return on your investment. Have you ever seen that little button at the bottom of an update that says, Boost Post? Yeah- you can boost your posts all day long, but that doesn’t mean you’ll increase traffic to your site or sell things.
This is why ads training is so important. Otherwise, you’ll end up spending a ton of money and have nothing to show for it. We can all get excited about likes and reach, but those numbers mean nothing. It’s the conversions that are most important to look at.
5. How to Create an eBook From Your Existing Content
With platforms like Amazon, you can publish an ebook very quickly. Why do you care? Because there is money to be made in ebook sales. Besides that, when you publish on an authority site like Amazon, you gain more exposure for your website and brand. You can also embed affiliate links in the ebook, giving way to more profit.
Who has time to write an ebook? Probably not you, if you are writing on your blog regularly. That is why it is best to take the content you’ve already written and re-package it. Turning old blog posts into an ebook is a great idea for that reason.
6. Photos and Videos
Using the right photos or videos will make the difference between someone clicking on your post or ad or not. People base many of their decisions off of the videos and images that you use. That is why it is important that you develop picture taking and editing skills as well as video skills.
These things don’t have to be hard, but definitely take practice.
7. Tech Stuff
Or…as I prefer to say…tech crap. I am not a techy person, but I built Love Hope Adventure along with 5 other websites by myself. When I say I’m not a techy person, I genuinely mean it. For example, my husband and kids were unavailable the other night and I couldn’t figure out how to cut on the television with our new remote- yet, I’ve been able to launch my own website and keep it running.
I tell you that so that you don’t get scared away by the tech side of blogging. To be honest, tech and taxes are the two reasons I didn’t want to get into blogging to begin with. I’ve figured out a lot of the tech stuff on my own; not taxes though, that’s on Austin.
Believe me when I say, I completely understand getting overwhelmed with blogging and making money online. As a viewer, it seems so easy to just pull up a website and read along. As the writer of that website, there are countless hours of blood, sweat, tears, and punching walls.
Having access to the right resources can make a big difference for you. Yes, you can gather a lot of information by google searching and finding valuable articles and webinars. I encourage you to continue doing that.
However, it is time consuming. I find that it is a much more effective use of my time to have access to a resource library. That way, if I’m struggling in an area of my blog business, I have one place to go for the information.
If you want access to a library full of valuable resources, then I encourage you to purchase the Genius Blogger’s Toolkit. It is exactly as it sounds. It is a full resource library that addresses all of the things you must master to be successful as a blogger.
What is in The Genius Blogger’s Toolkit?
Here’s a complete breakdown of everything you will get for $97. I know that is a lot to invest, but these resources are completely worth it, especially the bonuses that are being offered by some digital companies.
Professional Blogging Resources
- Blogging Roadmap: The Simple Method for Creating A Profitable Blog by WellnessMama ($97.00)
- Building a Framework: The Ultimate Blogging Handbook Master Package by Abby Lawson ($75.00)
- Everything But the Posts: Tips, Advice, and Templates From a Blogger Who Has Been in Your Shoes by Becca Ludlum ($7.99)
- Launch Your Dream Blogger’s Bundle by Natalie Joy ($81.00)
- The Foundation Series by Kirsten Oliphant ($49.00)
- The Knowtbook: In-Depth Notes for Online Business by Amy Lynn Andrews ($24.00)
- The Must-Have Guide to Blogging by Kayla Aimee ($17.00)
Time Management and Productivity
- Asana for Bloggers by Matthew Giovanisci ($25.00)
- Blog Buddies Planner Pages & Calling Cards by Mollie Johanson ($8.00)
- Creating and Maintaining an Editorial Calendar by Angie Holden ($19.99)
- Productivity Guide for Bloggers by Ruth Soukup ($97.00)
- The Balanced Blog Planner by Amy Blevins ($49.00)
- The Ultimate Freelancer Tax Guide by Caitlin Pyle ($9.99)
- The Ultimate Unoffical Dropbox Guide by Jason Glaspey ($29.00)
- Time Management Mama by Beth Anne Schwamberger ($5.99)
- Facebook Live Bully by Dave Anderson ($37.00)
- FB Ads for Beginners by Beth Anne Schwamberger ($75.00)
- Growing With Groups by Val Geisler ($97.00)
- InstaValuable :: Grow Your Instagram Basic Course by Myquillyn Smith ($97.00)
- Pinaffiliate Masterclass by Adeline Ganley ($97.00)
- Pinterest Traffic Secrets by Bob Lotich ($149.00)
- Snapchat for Influencers by Amy Bellgardt & Jessi Sanfilippo ($9.99)
- Social Media Marketing Workbook and Planner: How to Master Engagement in 15 Minutes a Day by Dwainia Grey ($27.00)
- Stop Guessing: Your Step by Step Guide to Creating a Social Media Strategy by Jenn Herman ($9.99)
- Strategies Worth Sharing eBook & Workbook by Brittany Ann ($30.00)
- Triple Your Twitter by Helene Sula ($127.00)
- Blog To Book: A Guide to Building Your Blog Business Through eBooks and Paperbacks by P.R. Newton ($7.99)
- Building a Business: How to Dream, Plan, Make, Sell, and Share Your Online Shop by Maggie Whitley & Elise Blaha Cripe ($12.00)
- Delight: The Digital Biz Owner’s Guide To Creating A Pro Client + Customer Service Plan by Erika Madden ($11.00)
- E-Course Creation 101 by Chantel Klassen ($97.00)
- Formatting e-Books for Writers by Susan K. Stewart ($2.99)
- From Idea to eBook by Mandi Ehman ($37.00)
- Get Them Excited to Buy: Step-by-Step Guide for Converting Just Looking to Just Bought by Kelly Thorne Gore ($27.00)
- How to Start Publishing for Kindle by Jeff Goins ($47.00)
- Blog Beautiful: 50 Tips + Fixes to Make Your Blog Glow by Marianne Manthey ($24.00)
- HTML and CSS Crash Course by Sarah Eggers ($129.00)
- Sticky Blogging SEO: Climb to the Top With This 21-Day Course by Kelly Holmes ($99.00)
- What the Tech? A Guide to Ease Your Technical Blogging Frustrations by Lesley Clavijo ($75.00)
- You Have a Blog, Now What? Tips for Non-Techie Bloggers by Maria Davis ($19.00)
Photography and Images
- Eat Pretty Things: Your Guide to Food Photography by Trisha Hughes ($29.00)
- Lazy Girl’s Guide to Lightroom: Easy Photo Editing for Bloggers by Beth Bryan ($97.00)
- Photoshop Your Biz: Learn Photoshop & Design On Your Own Schedule by Holly McCaig ($79.00)
- Systematize Your Branding by Indigo Colton and Kaitlyn Kessler ($49.00)
- 17 Strategies I Used to Go from 17K to 350K+ Pageviews in 9 Months by Lena Gott ($25.00)
- List Building Jumpstart by Laura Smith ($147.00)
- Networking Tips to Take Your Business to the Next Level by Natalie Cutler-Welsh ($19.00)
- Primp My Post by Angie Nelson ($17.00)
- Rave: Turn Your Online Followers Into Fans by Allison Marshall ($149.00)
- Content Cookbook by Prerna Malik ($199.00)
- Done-For-You Blog Content Creation Kit by Tanya Peterson ($47.00)
- Heart of Your Business Video Training by Adera Angelucci ($47.50)
- Podcasters Secret Weapon: Ultimate Podcaster Launch Guide by Luis Congdon ($9.00)
- Simple Podcasting by Joe Pardo ($69.99)
- Affiliate Marketing for Bloggers: The Fundamentals by Tasha Agruso ($75.00)
- Affiliate Marketing Secrets & Strategies by Katie Hornor ($47.00)
- BloggerRevolution™ Sponsored Content Master Guide: How to Pitch, Create & Nail Sponsored Content Every Time by Bonnie LaVell ($279.00)
- Brands Are Looking For YOU! by Karen Lee ($14.99)
- How to Move from Blog to Business by Caz and Craig Makepeace ($67.00)
- Launch Your Speaking Ministry by Sheila Wray Gregiore ($79.00)
- Monetize45 by Tabitha Philen ($149.00)
- PR + Marketing for Bloggers by Kaelah Flynn ($25.00)
- The Concise Guide to Blogging for Business Growth by Ling Wong ($27.00)
Bonus Blogging Programs
- First month AGhosted Solo FREE with FREE site transfer, FREE site transfer back within the first month (no questions asked) and FREE site speed assessment from Agathon ($405.00)
- 1 month unlimited plan FREE from Beacon ($29.00)
- 1 month B-Team Membership FREE from Bloguettes ($29.00)
- 3000 pins FREE from Board Booster ($30.00)
- 2 months FREE from ConvertKit ($58.00)
- 1 year digital membership FREE from iBlog Magazine ($70.00)
- 2500 FREE credits from Mouseflow ($29.00)
- Any theme or plugin with one year of premium support and updates for $19 from MyThemeShop ($50.00)
- 2 months blogger level FREE from NinjaOutreach ($98.00)
- 2 months FREE from Send Owl ($78.00)
- 2 months pro level FREE from Stencil ($30.00)
- 1 month FREE from The Company Project ($27.00)
- 2 FREE exclusive fonts from The Hungry JPEG ($30.00)
- 3 months business package FREE from Thinkific ($237.00)
- 1 year FREE from VaultPress ($99.00)
- 2 months individual package FREE from Viraltag ($48.00)
Hurry to grab this offer because it is only available until November 1 at 11:59pm.
Want more information like this- sign up for my free income earning newsletter.
*I use affiliate links