I love to turn out all of the lights in the house and let the room fill up with the lights of tree. It casts a romantic glow and makes me feel relaxed.
I’m not big on snuggling or cuddling (just ask Austin), but I do enjoy it when it gets colder. Snuggling in front of the tree is really nice, because it gives the ambiance I love.
Fun At Home Date Night Idea
I was thinking that it would be a lot of fun to invite your spouse to a night of snuggling in front of the tree. You can round up a few items that you want to use for the cuddle time.
Some suggestions I have would include:
- Your favorite beverage
- Instrumental Christmas music
- Conversation starters
You don’t have to go out and buy anything special, just use what you have. If you want to make a pretty display, you can do like I did and put the items in a basket.
Instrumental Christmas Music
I’m a huge fan of instrumental jazz music. It calms me down and stirs something inside of me that could be described as a combination of loveliness and bliss.
Here is one of my favorite instrumental compilations for the season. If you have the ability to put YouTube videos on your television, you can always go with one featuring a crackling fire.
What to Talk About While Snuggling
A while back, a reader asked me what kinds of things you should talk about while snuggling. I have put together some questions you can ask your spouse while sitting in front of the tree, or anytime.
- If you could make your own flavor of ice cream, what would it be?
- What is the one thing you can’t live without in your dream house?
- If you could take a fun class in college, what would it be?
- If you could make a job change without going back to school, what would it be?
- What makes you feel like you accomplished something in a day?
- Without worrying about money, what charitable organization would you like to invest in?
- What is your favorite memory from childhood?
- If you didn’t have to worry about earning money, what would you do with your life?
- What was the best television show ever made?
- Do you have a favorite book? If so, what is it?
- Do you have a favorite Christmas memory?
- What would you say the best gift you have ever been given was?
- Is there a tradition you miss?
- If you could do one crazy thing this year for Christmas, what would it be?
- Who do you think needs the most love during this time of the year?
- What is your favorite Christmas carol or song?
- Do you like to go caroling?
- What’s on your wishlist this year?
- What is your favorite holiday meal item?
- What do you hope Christmas looks like when our kids are grown up and moved out?
- Is there a style of clothing or specific outfit that you think looks really good on me?
- What is your idea of foreplay? Do you think it is necessary or not?
- When do you feel most loved by me?
- Do you like to be held after we are intimate?
- What does it feel like to have sex with me?
- What is your favorite part of our marriage?
- If we could go away on a romantic getaway, what is the #1 thing you would pack?
- Do you like to be rubbed and kissed all over?
- Give me one tip on how I can please you more in our marriage.
- What do I do that makes you feel thankful?
If you are looking for spicier conversations and actions, you can check out my bedroom game page for ideas.
Tips to Keep the Conversations Light and Romantic
The one rule about conversation starters and date nights, is that you want to avoid potentially bad conversations. If you and your spouse are stressed out about something or an issue is going on between you two, avoid talking about those triggers.
If you find that you guys are going down a path that will lead to frustration or anger…ENTER another conversation starter. 😀 Seriously, when you are planning a night of bonding and connecting, leave your problems at the door. There are other times for that.
What Should You Wear While Snuggling Up?
Depending on what you are in the mood for, you can wear something that is comfortable, sexy, or my favorite…comfortable sexy. Or…you can go without.
If you are feeling adventurous, you can offer to let your spouse pick out your outfit. It might be neat to see what they come up with. If your spouse hasn’t got any clue what to tell you to wear, you could pick out a few outfits and let them decide.
My suggestion is that when you have an at home date night, that you do things out of the ordinary. This helps you get into the frame of mind that this is a different situation. It might be nice to switch things up and abandon your normal nightwear for something different.
I hope you take the time this Christmas season to spend a night cuddling. When things get busy and stressed, it is important to take time away.
If you don’t feel like you have time to connect with your spouse during the holidays, that is a good sign that you are too busy. We should always find time to invest in important relationships.