It’s the New Year and many of us have a set of goals and resolutions that we are working towards. Personally, Austin and I are counting calories to lose weight and get in shape by working out. We have plenty of other goals as well, but that is one we are working on together.
This is the time of year when it only makes sense to have a marriage checkup of sorts. We normally check in with one another every couple of months to make sure that we are still meeting each other’s needs.
I ran across a really fun printable over at The Dating Divas for Sexy New Year’s Resolutions. I thought this was a great idea for couples that want to go deeper in their sex lives. I thought I would give you some ideas of the kinds of things you can do to be a better lover for your spouse.
Ideas of How to Be a Better Lover For Your Spouse
All of us deserve to have a great sex life in our marriages. It doesn’t just happen by accident. You have to intentionally work towards having an intimate life that is fulfilling to you and your spouse.
I have brainstormed some things you might consider committing to in order to have a more intimate sexual relationship.
- Talk to your lover- first things first, have a conversation with your husband or wife. They likely have a few ideas of what you can do to physically engage with them on a deeper level. Maybe they do not have any ideas, but it is a good place to start.
- Dress up for one another- I hesitate to say to wear lingerie, because there is next to nothing available in the way of men’s lingerie. However, if you both work to dress sexy for one another, the type of clothing you wear doesn’t matter. Consider taking the time to wear something for the other person that turns them on before you have sex.
- Pro-long love making- Jay Dee over at Sex Within Marriage had a challenge last week to spend at least an hour having sex. Of course, that included foreplay and physical affection. His point is that you need to slow down and savor your time with your lover. Commit to having at least one hour-long love-making session a month this year.
- Try a new position- Consider trying one new position a month to just see if there are other things that you like. It is ok of the position doesn’t work out, at least you tried. I love to look for new positions over at Christian Friendly Sex Positions. They give great instructions without vulgarity or inappropriate images.
- Flirt more during the day- Before you make it to the bedroom, spend time flirting with your spouse during the day. The way you flirt is going to depend on how your spouse likes to be flirted with. Ask them what kinds of things you do to help them feel loved and connected with.
- Dance together- I love to dance, so slow dancing is a great way for me to feel connected to my husband. If you aren’t a dancing couple, then consider just holding each other while romantic music plays…without clothes on preferably. It will do great things for your sexual connection.
These are a few of the ideas that I have come up with on how you can commit to being a better lover this year.
What are your ideas? If you have any thoughts, leave me a message in the comments section.