Have you ever had a craving for something amazing to eat, but you just didn’t know what it was? I do this at least on a monthly basis. This is different than my pizza, Pepsi, and doughnut run that I usually make.
There are just times when I’m hungry for something different than what I usually eat. Don’t get me wrong here, I am the cook in my house, and I eat really awesome food…(not tooting my horn, just being honest)…but there are times when I need something else.
It goes like this in the bedroom, too. We all have a craving for something new sexually from time to time, we just don’t always know what. Maybe you have a lot of great sex, but one night, you are in the mood for something more.
Understand Why You Are Craving Something Different
When I am looking for something to eat that is out of the ordinary or that I haven’t had in a while, for the most part, it is a mental thing. Maybe I need comfort, or I need to just break out of the ordinary. There are all kinds of reasons that I have these cravings.
In the area of sexual desire, we crave something new for a lot of reasons. It could be that:
- You feel extra close to your spouse and want to express that physically
- Emotionally you are drained and need an outlet
- A past sexual experience with your spouse came to mind and got you excited
- You just want more of a good thing
- You’ve been distant from your spouse and think a change would be good for you
These are the good reasons that you might be craving something new. You should note that there are a lot of other reasons you are experiencing these cravings that are not for the right reasons.
It could be you are dealing with:
- Porn use
- Lack of intimacy
- Marital issues
If you are dealing with these negatives, then different sex may is not going to satisfy your cravings. You have real heart issues that is getting in the way of you emotionally connecting with your lover.
One thing to keep in mind when it comes to deciding what to try, is the purpose behind it. If you are only looking to meet your own sexual desires, it will leave you unsatisfied. I say that because it is really hard to get your spouse on board with a new idea if they think you are being selfish.
The cravings you have are definitely physical, but a lot of it is mental.
Don’t forget to mentally connect with your lover, not just be physically connected. Sex is so much more than climax.
Reliable Sites Are Hard to Come By
If you were to go do an internet search right now of how to spice up your sex life, all sorts of trash and annoying articles will show up.
Much of those articles will focus on all of the things you can do outside of the bedroom to make love making better. The other large portion will be made up of useless information mixed with absolute trash. Oh…I know! Let’s cut on porn and watch that together…oh!…or invite another person to get busy with us….smh.
I’ve done a few “spicing” it up posts, but it can’t hurt to put together another one. Fortunately for me, I am a sex and marriage blogger and I have found a lot of great resources that will help you spice up the love making.
Be Prepared Ahead of Time
A lot of married people get into trouble when they have a sexual craving outside of the norm. This is particularly true if they have addictions to porn or harmful sexual fetishes. Even those that do not have a problem with these things can walk away feeling awful, because they saw too much.
That happens to me when I have a food craving out of the normal. I have no idea what to get, so I most often end up eating too much before I can figure out what would satisfy the craving.
When you are searching around trying to find something new to try, you will encounter so much garbage that it ends up tainting your sexual experience.
Having a plan ahead of time is really helpful when it comes to your cravings. I hope that you will look at Love Hope Adventure as a safe place you can come to and look around for sexy ideas to make your love life feel steamy.
Fun Bedroom Games
I have several bedroom games that I have put together for you. All of these posts have free downloadable board games and ideas of how you can create your own.
You can check out these free games that have printables:
Of course you don’t always have time to play lengthy games, but we are talking about those nights when you are craving something different.
(Just so you know, I have several bedroom games I’m working on, but have been too lazy to post. They are coming, I promise.)
Check out the Dating Divas website, because they have a lot of great bedroom games over there, too. They have been a huge inspiration to me.
New Positions To Try
One of the problems I have with seeking out new positions is that there are often inappropriate pictures. I wrote a great position round-up post that will give you a lot of great ideas.
Some of my favorite websites for positions include:
Other Fun Ideas
Here are a few things you can try if you are craving something new in the bedroom.
- Play a game and the winner gets what they want.
- Dress up in old Halloween costumes.
- Write a sexy story together; or check out this website that has a story generator.
- Create your own bedroom game using exciting moves you like. Use a board game you already own, and put a spin on it.
- Set a 1 minute timer and allow your spouse to do what they like with you until the time runs out. Take turns back and forth until you can’t take it anymore.
- Try three different positions in one encounter.
- Ask permission.
- During the act, describe how everything is feeling.
- Use your bedroom language.
- Before you start, both of you describe a sexual encounter that you really enjoyed.
- Use mirrors to see what is going on.
- Commit an hour to spending time with each other during the intimate encounter before you finish up. Fill the time with foreplay, games, and bedroom talk.
- Flirt out in the house all the way up to bedtime. Make sure you sneak in heavy petting as much as you can.
- Lay a different way in the bed to be intimate.
I think that it is really important to break out of the ordinary in your sex life.
When you do the same thing every time you get together, it can leave you wanting more instead of satisfying you.
Time is key when it comes to spicing things up. You need to set aside time to be sexy together and meet one another’s needs.
If you liked this post, then check out the one I wrote about: